Cooked Pizza Sauce
Pizza Sauce Ingredients
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1/4 Cup chopped onions
* 1 tablespoon minced garlic
* 3 Italian plum tomatoes, peeled and minced
* 3 oz. canned tomato paste
* 2 1/2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
* 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
* 1/4 Black Pepper
* 1/2 Stick Unsalted Butter, sliced
Pizza Sauce Instructions
1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat.
2. Sauté the onions in oil for 1 minute.
3. Stir in garlic, tomatoes, tomato paste, Italian seasoning.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Bring to a boil and simmer, stirring occasionally, forabout 5 minutes.
6. Reduce the heat to low and stir in butter pieces.
7. When the butter is half melted, remove the skillet from heat and continue stirring until thoroughly incorporated.